Modern Band Summmit is quickly approaching and we are so excited to have you join us! Below is important information to know before you go.
Modern Band Summit will take place Sunday, July 8 through Wednesday, July 11 2018 at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado!
Modern Band Colloquium
The Modern Band Colloquium is an independently-run two day gathering of academic researchers presenting work on Modern Band education, presented by the University of South Florida and Penn State. You can read more about it here. Modern Band Summit attendees are welcome to attend Colloquium sessions. Space, however, is limited.
Credit for attending Modern Band Summit: You can receive up to two Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through WorldStrides for attending Modern Band Summit. WorldStrides holds accreditation through multiple regional agencies, including AdvancED. Please check with your district with regard to acceptance policies.
To opt in for CEUs, please click here. Attendees opting into receive CEUs will need to check in and out of their breakout sessions at the conference.
Connect: Don’t forget to join the Modern Band Summit Facebook Group! Search “Modern Band Summit” in Facebook groups and ask to join the community. The group will provide schedule updates, giveaway opportunities, and will connect you with other conference attendees.
What to Bring:You are welcome to bring the instrument of your choice to jam, however you will be able to sign out an acoustic guitar at check-in to keep with you for the conference. We recommend packing a sweater/light jacket and umbrella for any unpredictable weather! Be sure to leave some extra room in your suitcase for giveaways.
Getting to CSU
- Green Ride: Shuttles through Green Ride are available about every hour to the CSU dorms. Special negotiated rates through Little Kids Rock are available. Click here for booking instructions. The closest drop off to the dorms is CSU Laurel Village.
- Charter Bus: We will also be offering the convenience of airport charter buses to get to DEN at the end of the conference on 7/11. Reserve your spot today!
- Parking: In lieu of a physical parking permit, CSU is collecting license plate numbers for any vehicles that will be parked on-campus. Once you’ve provided your license plate number, your vehicle will be valid to park in all ‘Q’, ‘W’, ‘X’ and ‘Z’ parking zones. It will not be valid in metered/Pay-to-Park zones, or the ‘A’ parking zone directly west of Moby Arena. The large X/Z lot west of Moby Arena is the parking area for “oversized vehicles” that require more than one standard parking space.
- Staying on campus: If you have your license plate number but did not provide it during lodging online registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 970-491-6222 to enter it into the electronic system. If you need to wait until onsite registration on-campus to provide that information please come prepared with that information.
- Commuters/Off Campus Accommodations: Click here to submit you license plate number for us to submit to CSU.
Modern Band Summit check-in is from 4:00pm-7:30pm on Saturday, July 7 at the The Pavilion, 900 W Plum Street, Fort Collins, CO (located in CSU’s Laurel Village). Late conference check-in on Sunday, July 8, will take place at Lory Student Center from 8:45am-9:30am. Please check in on Saturday if you are able!
Dorm lodging provided by CSU is officially full. If you have not yet booked accommodations for your stay, please click here to see local lodging.
Attendees staying on campus will be at CSU Laurel Village dorms (Alpine & Pinon Hall). Dorm rooms have air conditioning, sheets, towels and bar soap. You will need to bring your own toiletries. Alcohol and drugs are not permitted in the dorms or on campus.
Dorm check-in is separate from conference check-in and takes place at The Pavilion, 900 W Plum Street, Fort Collins, CO (located in CSU’s Laurel Village) starting at 4:00pm on the day you booked to arrive. You will need to provide your first and last name to receive room keys and dining hall meal cards. Please note: Because the dorms are at full capacity, you will not be able to make room changes when you arrive.
Attendees are not able to check-in before 4:00pm on their arrival day. If you are on campus earlier than 4:00 you’ll be able to stow your luggage with CSU if you choose to explore the area. If you arrive for dorm check-in after 11:00pm, you will need to call the after-hours duty phone number, 970-567-6323.
Schedule and Scheduling App
Your breakout schedule can be created by visiting https://mbsummit.pathable.com/. To create your schedule, you will need to login. You should receive an invite from the email email@example.com with your personal sign in link. If you have not received that link, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the new, free Modern Band Summit Mobile App for up-to-date info on all things Modern Band Summit 2018. Browse sessions, create your personal schedule, learn about speakers, connect with fellow attendees, access presentation materials and more!
Transportation at the Conference
Charter buses will be provided for transportation to Sunday’s Kickoff Jam and downtown activities. Busing will also be provided for Monday’s bowling. Pickup times will be provided in your conference program book.
If you are looking to explore downtown Fort Collins there are several ways to get around. From campus, you can take a free ride on MAX Bus Rapid Transit service from the University bus station on S. Mason St. In addition to Uber and Lyft, you can call: Yellow Cab 970-224-2222, Genesis Car Service 970-599-9519, and Sapphire Car Service 970-545-0919. You can also rent a bike for the week at the Lory Student Center.
Transport Assistance: If you have a disability, injury, or physical limitation that would necessitate motorized transportation to/from the sessions please email email@example.com by Thursday, July 5 and we will place a special sticker on your name badge.
Attention Bowlers – Prepay for Bowling to Speed up the Process
Every year at Modern Band Summit, we have a special social event that combines bowling and music. In addition to bowling, there will also be an opportunity to jam and provide a soundtrack for the night. this event will be taking place at Chipper’s College Lanes on Monday, July 9, 2018 from 8pm-11:59pm.
For those who would like to bowl that night, to speed up the check in process and get you on the lanes quickly, please sign up now and pre-pay the $15 fee for bowling. This covers shoe rental and bowling.
If you’ll just be joining us for for the social activities and jam, there’s no need to fill out the form or pay.
Don’t see an answer to your question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!