Check out answers to all your Modern Band Summit questions below! Don’t see what you’re looking for? Email email@example.com or call 973-746-7078.
Modern Band Summit will take place Monday, July 29 through Thursday, August 1, 2019 at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado!
Modern Band Colloquium
The Modern Band Colloquium is a track of the Modern Band Summit for higher education researchers, scholars, and practitioners interested in exploring approaches in music education that expand the vision and practice of and future music teaching and learning. The Modern Band colloquium is an autonomous conference run by the Center for Pedagogy in Arts and Design at Penn State University, Ithaca College, and Montclair State University with the support of Little Kids Rock.
Credit for attending Modern Band Summit: You can receive up to two Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through WorldStrides for attending Modern Band Summit. WorldStrides holds accreditation through multiple regional agencies, including AdvancED. Please check with your district with regard to acceptance policies. You will be able to opt in for CEUs before the conference.
What does the conference schedule look like this year?
The Modern Band Summit schedule will launch in May. You can get an idea of the types of sessions provided by checking out last year’s schedule.
Pricing and Fees
How much does it cost to attend?
Conference registration fees vary. The base fee is $350.00. However, certain attendees have a portion of their fee subsidized by our generous supporters. These include: trained and active Little Kids Rock teachers, Higher Education Professionals (space limited), and District Arts Administrators. If you are unsure of your attendee type when registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does my registration fee include?
Your registration fee will include 12 conference meals and four days of amazing professional development. Lodging is not included in your registration fee.
What if I need to cancel?
Registration fees are non-refundable. However, lodging fees through CSU are refundable up until July 8, 2019. There is a $15.00 cancellation fee.
Accommodations and Guests
When should I arrive to the conference?
We recommend attendees arrive to Fort Collins by the evening of Sunday, July 28. The conference ends early afternoon on Thursday, August 1. Attendees cannot stay on campus past Thursday, August 2.
What kind of lodging should I stay in for the conference?
Attendees have the option to stay on or off campus for the conference:
I want to bring a guest that will not attend the conference. What are my options?
You are welcome to bring a guest over the age of 18 if you plan to stay in the dorms. When you book your lodging through CSU, be sure to pick a double occupancy room and choose the “Additional Guest – Lodging Upgrade.” You also have the option of adding the guest meal upgrade, your guest will be able to join you for all conference meals for the price of $175.00.
Can my guest attend the conference?
If you are bringing a guest and they plan to attend sessions, they must register as a conference attendee.
Getting to CSU
Colorado State University is located in Fort Collins, CO. The closest major airport to CSU is Denver International Airport (DEN).
- Green Ride: Shuttles through Green Ride run about every hour to the CSU Laurel Village dorms as well as other locations in Fort Collins. Special negotiated rates through Little Kids Rock are available. Click here for the booking link and instructions.
- Charter Bus: We will also be offering the convenience of airport charter buses to get to DEN at the end of the conference on 8/1 at 1:00pm and 5:30pm. This bus will leave from the Laurel Village Dorms at CSU. Reserve your spot today.
- Parking on Campus:
- Staying on campus: If you plan to stay on campus and park at CSU, parking in all ‘Q’, ‘W’, ‘X’ and ‘Z’ parking zones is included in your accommodations. CSU will need to collect your plate number on your housing form or at check-in.
- Commuter Parking – $20.00: If you are not staying on campus and planning to commute to the conference, the conference commuter pass will enable you to park your vehicle all ‘Q’, ‘W’, ‘X’ and ‘Z’ parking zones. Parking can be purchased on your conference registration form.
- Premier “A” Lot Pass – $55.00: This premier pass is for on campus attendees and commuters. This pass gives access to “A” parking lots for the duration of the conference, including spaces right outside of Lory Student Center. Parking can be purchased on your conference registration form.
Transportation at the Conference
Charter buses will be provided from campus to select evening activities that take place downtown. Pickup times will be provided in your conference program book.