Sign Up for Professional Development
Little Kids Rock supports school teachers across the country with professional development to help them change kids’ lives. Our courses and their accompanying online music education resources are designed to build professional skills in new and innovative areas of school music pedagogy in order to help music teachers successfully run modern band programs. During this unprecedented time, all of our professional development is online, with upcoming courses below. To learn more about each professional development, visit our Course Catalog.
Upcoming Virtual Certification Courses
The following certification courses are open to all educators! Completion of one or more of the following courses provides you with professional development hours, certifies you as a Little Kids Rock teacher, and renders you eligible to join the Little Kids Rock teacher community.
All dates listed for each applicable course must be completed. If a module is missed, you will not be able to complete the course, but feel free to sign up for another iteration of the course on our Professional Development page. If you must retake the course, you will need to restart beginning with the first module. Please be aware that we do not record our professional development sessions.
What Do You Get?
After attending a certification course, teachers receive the following benefits:
- Starting 3/15: Upon completion of any of the above certification courses and subsequent registration of a modern band program, each K-12 teacher attendee will receive a FREE 32-key USB MIDI Keyboard (Limit 1 per teacher. School site must be in the continental USA).
- Access to future courses at no cost.
- Access to our private online community of more than 1,800 Modern Band practitioners from across the country, posting questions, sharing resources, and exchanging support every day.
- A deeply discounted registration rate to our Modern Band Summit conference.
- Continued access to our curricular materials and online resources.
- All attendees that complete one of our certified courses will qualify for an exclusive offer from Soundtrap for Education.
- Special offers from our partners including MasterClass, GuitarInstructor.com, Fender Play, and others; these include resources for you and your classroom such as composition tools, play-along apps, private lessons, and more!
Upcoming Virtual Elective Professional Developments
The following elective professional developments are open to all educators! To become a certified Little Kids Rock teacher and receive the eligible benefits, teachers must complete one of our certification courses.
To be notified about other upcoming courses, click here and let us know a bit about yourself.
NOTE: Little Kids Rock cares about teachers and the important work they do to transform the lives of their students. In that spirit, we have made all of the available courses above completely FREE for educators. There is no cost affiliated with attending these courses or joining the Little Kids Rock community.