Join the Band!
Little Kids Rock believes in educators and the power of teaching. Our mission is to restore, expand, and innovate music programs from across the country.
To do so, Little Kids Rock will provide you with tools and resources to bring student-centered, culturally responsive, and inclusive music education to your students. Modern Band workshops are designed to provide you with the skills, curriculum, and network to successfully run a Modern Band program. Modern Band is a new, school-based music program that utilizes popular music as its central repertoire. Styles that are studied include Rock, Pop, Reggae, Hip-Hop, Rhythm & Blues, Electronic Production, and other contemporary styles as they emerge. Learn more about Modern Band
What Do You Get?
- A reserved seat in our Introduction to Modern Band Workshop
- Unlimited access to our Modern Band curricular materials and online resources
- Participation in a community of more than 3,000 Modern Band practitioners from across the country
- Potential to earn Professional Development Credits for your District/State upon completing the workshop (Hours, CEUs, CTLE, Renewal Credits, etc.).
- Access to future professional development workshops at no cost
- Discounted registration fee to our Modern Band Summit conference
Check back soon for our list of upcoming workshops for the 2019-2020 school year. We welcome you to join us this summer at Modern Band Summit 2019, taking place July 29 to August 1 at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO. The conference will include our one-day introductory Modern Band workshop for teachers who have not yet attended a Little Kids Rock teacher training.
You can also apply for a future workshop and you will be notified as soon as we have a workshop scheduled in your city!