Senior Coordinator, Development Operations
About Little Kids Rock
Little Kids Rock transforms lives by restoring, expanding, and innovating music education in our schools. Their network of thousands of K-12 teachers across 48 states lead a national movement that brings innovative and inclusive music education to students.
Using genres including rock, pop, Latin, and rap, their program empowers teachers to build music programs as diverse as the kids they serve. As a result, students see themselves reflected in their classes, which strengthens their connection to their school, their peers, and their community. Little Kids Rock also donates necessary instruments and curriculum, meeting a key need of many school music programs. The world of music expands through innovation, Little Kids Rock ensures that music education does as well.
The world of music expands through innovation. Little Kids Rock ensures that music education does as well.
Since 2002, the organization has reached more than 1,000,000 students with highly inclusive and culturally relevant music education. Today, more than 550,000 kids currently participate in Little Kids Rock programs. Learn more here: www.littlekidsrock.org.
The Senior Coordinator, Development Operations fills a critical role in supporting the Little Kids Rock team to support the existing and growing Little Kids Rock program. This position will support the Development department with database management, assistance with donor communication efforts, and general administrative tasks, helping the team reach their annual multi-million-dollar fundraising goal in the process. This full-time position will work closely with the Director of Development to ensure intra- and inter-departmental alignment, with an emphasis on Salesforce. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, energetic and motivated to develop a career in fundraising. This is a full-time position, based remotely. The organization will eventually return to an office environment, likely in Northern New Jersey. At that time, this position may be required to commute periodically to this office.
Reports to Director of Development
(60% – Development Support)
- Manage and maintain data entry of gifts and new constituents into donor database.
- Manage gift pledge tracking through Salesforce, update tracking pledge fulfillment.
- Ensure timely donor acknowledgments and delivery of any donor-requested deliverables within 48 hours of receiving a gift.
- Serve as the Development department’s Salesforce expert; generating queries, dashboards, and reports for different funders and/or major initiatives as requested.
- Assist with tracking event attendance, including check-in and follow-up.
- Maintain files of correspondence and documentation, creating new files when necessary and keeping standard materials, resources, and references updated and accessible.
- Process returned mail, address change requests, matching gifts forms, and check requests.
- Provide general administrative support including answering calls and emails, returning messages, setting up meetings, and taking notes at meetings.
- Attend nighttime and weekend events as requested.
(40% – Salesforce and Technology)
- Manage Salesforce data integrity by implementing plans to aid in de-duplication, data cleansing, backup, and entry processes.
- Assist technology staff on selecting and implementing technical platforms (e.g. donation platforms, event tools) on behalf of the larger development department.
- Identify, test, and evaluate new applications and process improvements to enhance Salesforce usage among the Development department.
- Assist with data intensive projects.
- Act as liaison between Development and Finance for review and reconciliation of incoming donations via Salesforce and Intacct on a weekly basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Technical and analytical experience with a constituent database. Familiarity with Salesforce strongly preferred, experience with NPSP a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact successfully with a variety of internal and external audiences including senior funders, program partners, board members, staff, colleagues, and strategic partners.
- Can prioritize effectively and is extremely organized and efficient.
- 2-3 years of administrative experience.
- 1-2 years of fundraising experience preferred, ideally in a non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, preferred.
- A shared passion for Little Kids Rock’s mission and pedagogy
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and multi-tasking as conditions require
- Technology forward with an aptitude for working with digital systems and applications
- Self-aware and skilled at building and maintaining professional relationships
- Resourceful and thoughtful in finding creative ways to adapt systems and roll out changes
- Ability to work as a team member and to work independently with initiative
- A desire to grow with the organization
- Passionate about popular music and actively connected to popular culture
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude
Little Kids Rock is committed to its team and strives to offer employees a competitive compensation package that reflects the organization’s values, culture, and mission. Salary is in accordance with Little Kids Rock’s competitive compensation and career path plan, and the organization’s array of benefits include medical coverage (health, dental, vision) with significant employer contributions, short and long-term disability, life insurance, matching 403(b) plan and pre-tax spending accounts (FSA, commuter). Perks include generous discretionary time off policy, flexible work arrangements and professional development. Salary range for this position is $45,000 – $55,000 per year.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Senior Coordinator, Development Operations” in the subject line. References may be requested. No phone calls please. Early submission recommended. This position is available immediately.
Location and Travel
This is a full-time position, based remotely. The organization will eventually return to an office environment, likely in Northern New Jersey. At that time, this position may be required to commute periodically to this office. Once the organization determines it is safe to travel, occasional travel will be required, including travel at least once per year to organization events.
Working at Little Kids Rock – Our Workplace Values
- We are committed to kids and teachers and passionate about the power of music to impact their lives.
- We are one team, with one mission, and one groove, and together we make good things happen.
- We are creative, entrepreneurial, positive and playful.
- We are inspirational.
- We are accountable.
- We are respectful.
- We support personal and professional growth.
- We work to lead the field – thoughtfully, strategically and with urgency.
Little Kids Rock is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We promote equity, diversity and inclusion in order to create a healthy and safe work space as we work together to foster success for future generations. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parenthood, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.