Marketing & Communications Intern
About Little Kids Rock
Little Kids Rock transforms lives by restoring, expanding, and innovating music education in our schools. Our network of thousands of K-12 teachers across 43 states leads a national movement that brings innovative and inclusive music education to students.
Using genres including rock, pop, Latin, and rap, our program empowers teachers to build music programs as diverse as the kids they serve. Our students see themselves reflected in their classes, which strengthens their connection to their school, their peers, and their community. Little Kids Rock also donates necessary instruments, and curriculum, meeting a key need of many school music programs.
The world of music expands through innovation. We ensure that music education does as well.
More than 550,000 kids currently participate in Little Kids Rock programs nationwide. Since 2002, the organization has reached more than one million students with highly-inclusive and culturally relevant music education.
The Little Kids Rock team is a music-loving, hard-working, close-knit group of individuals. We’re looking for a high-energy Marketing & Communications Intern with a can-do attitude. The candidate must be detail-oriented, have a strong work ethic, and be a creative thinker with excellent communication skills. Daily tasks will include keeping files and media organized through Google Drive, management of social media community engagement, supporting organizational marketing campaigns and events, database entry and management, and general administrative support for a small, nimble, high output team.
- Build community through engagement on Little Kids Rock’s social media channels
- Engage in Little Kids Rock’s social posts or any mentions of Little Kids Rock across all platforms
- Identify profiles on Twitter with high partnership opportunity with Little Kids Rock
- Identify top-performing social posts and any trends among the channels
- Offer recommendations for relevant potential social posts (e.g. relevant blog posts, research articles, etc)
- Creating consistency for the Little Kids Rock Flickr account and YouTube channel
- Identify publications with mention of Little Kids Rock and the modern band program
- Research marketing trends to present to the Marketing & Communications team
- Knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of G Suite
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or other video editing software is a plus
- An undeniable passion for the work of Little Kids Rock and helping grow a mission-based organization
- A sense of fun, wonder, and humor
- True love for working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and results-oriented culture
- High energy, enthusiasm, and can-do attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A desire to learn while doing
- Quick learner and proactive problem solver
This position is scheduled for up to three days per week (10-15 hours per week) for a period of three to five months is preferred. The exact days and times of this position will be established in harmony with the candidate’s schedule. This position is remote.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a learning opportunity with a stipend of $300 per month.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The email should include “Communications and Marketing Internship” in the subject line and also briefly state the following:
- Relevant experience, including the number of years (if any) of experience
- Distinguishing characteristic that makes you an ideal candidate for this position
Please submit your application early, and be prepared to provide references. For more information about our work, please visit our website: www.littlekidsrock.org and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Working at Little Kids Rock – Our Workplace Values
- We are committed to kids and teachers and passionate about the power of music to impact their lives.
- We are one team, with one mission, and one groove, and together we make good things happen.
- We are creative, entrepreneurial, positive and playful.
- We are inspirational.
- We are accountable.
- We are respectful.
- We support personal and professional growth.
- We work to lead the field – thoughtfully, strategically and with urgency.
Little Kids Rock is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We promote equity, diversity, and inclusion in order to create a healthy and safe workspace as we work together to foster success for future generations. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parenthood, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.