Welcome College and University Educators
Little Kids Rock partners with colleges and universities that are preparing the next generation of music educators. We are work with dozens of higher education institutions to help students acquire the skills necessary to build Modern Band music programs that incorporate culturally relevant, student-centered instruction.
Our higher education work includes:
- Professional development for students and faculty
- Guest lectures
- Student teacher placement through the Urban Music Placement Fellowship
- Incorporation of Modern Band into pre-service music educator courses
- Modern Band academic conference
- Amp Up NYC, a partnership with the NYCDOE and Berklee College of Music
For more information about higher education opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
“The Modern Band Workshop is not just about teaching popular music. This training gives participants creative strategies for learner-led, standards-based, culturally-responsive instruction that engages ALL students.”
~Matt Clauhs, Assistant Professor of Music Education, Ithaca College
“The Modern Band workshop exposed Kent State’s students to an accessible, proven, and fun approach to teaching popular music. Kudos to Little Kids Rock for offering a practical, informative workshop that gives future teachers tools to use and concepts to get them thinking.”
~Jay Dorfman, Associate Professor & Coordinator, Music Education, Kent State University